Friday, September 24, 2010

Rabbi Darkside

One of the coolest things happened to me because I was late to a Mets game: coming up the escalator at the Jackie Robinson Rotunda, I saw Rabbi Darkside, masterful MC, incredible lyricist, and educator. Thinking I'd just be able to tell him how much I loved his work, I said hi, but we ended up talking for about 30 minutes. A lot of that might be due to my friend Goldiloxx complimenting him on his kicks and such, and being a female. In any case, after a while talking about hip-hop, the Mets, and mutual acquaintances (I put the members of Chronikill on to him), Rabbi D told us about Freestyle Mondays at Sin-Sin Lounge, gave me his business card and told me to email him if I was coming.

On Monday night, I fully expected to show up to a small room with not many people and for this scene to play out:

The show is supposed to start at 10, so Rabbi D is already there with some other rappers, and greets me when I come in....
"Hey Larry thanks for coming. This is my friend Appl Juic. You already know Hired Gun and Farbeon."

Hey guys. HG, sorry I originally under-rated your album. It's on par with Rabbi D's, and spent a lot of time in rotation in my car. It's really nice to meet you, Appl Juic. I love your slightly odd flow and your vocabulary choices. Combined with your British accent, you're one of my favorite rappers!
"Thanks Larry, let me buy you a drink. This is what we call beer in English."
"Larry, I just noticed you have your camera with you and you mentioned you were a photographer when we met. This is Rabbi Darkside talking again, in case you're confused. Did you want to take some portraits of us?"
Sure Rabbi D, that'd be cool.

A little bit later, after shooting portraits and pics of people freestyling....

"Wow Larry I'm so impressed by your work. These photos are crazy good. Say, you're really cool and a great photographer and a great person. I want to be friends with you!!"
"Me too", chimes in Appl Juic.
"Also, you know I'm about to go on tour to Europe. I don't have a photographer. Why don't you come along? We'll have adventures, I'll pay you well, and you'll be our exclusive photographer. Plus you'll have a 1 month supply of beautiful European women at your call."

End scene.

3 comments:

Keysie said...

um i think my head just exploded with excitement on your behalf! that's so effing awesome!

L BO said...

thank you, but i think you need to put your head back together. that is what i had hoped would happen. however, it was not what did happen. sorry to mislead.

Anonymous said...

[p]New Fall 2010 Pandora Charm Release

ou really should [url=http://www.pandoraukstockists.co.uk/pandora-necklaces.html]pandora necklaces with charms[/url] anticipate to obtain the newest pandora Fall 2010 charm beads in stores this coming September . Second, our company mainly wholesales the Korean [url=http://www.pandoraukstockists.co.uk/pandora-bracelets.html]cheap pandora bracelets uk[/url] jewelry . Lastly, Pandora [url=http://www.cheappandorabeadsale.co.uk]pandora beads uk[/url] charms have been a source of inspiration . Pandora was the [url=http://www.pandoraukstockists.co.uk]pandora uk sale[/url] brainchild of Winnie Enevoldsen and Per . Resin European Style Beads

Resin European Style Beads



Pandora [url=http://www.pandoraukstockists.co.uk/pandora-necklaces.html]pandora leather necklace[/url] style jewelryis known for its high quality materials, beautiful designs and elegant appearance . There are no authorized troubles in buying skulls and [url=http://www.pandoraukstockists.co.uk]pandora charms uk[/url] animal skin color from this corporation as they look for their merchandise by way of federal government accepted plans . The Pandora holiday charms are also genuinely properly-liked [url=http://www.pandoraukstockists.co.uk/pandora-dangle-beads.html]pandora dangle beads[/url] at present . For others, it will be considered a specific Tiffany components [url=http://www.pandoraukstockists.co.uk/pandora-silver-beads.html]sterling silver beads wholesale[/url] artist or color . Thomas sabo is actually a one matter produce a distinction material, mutually with the clasp you plenty far more.[/p]