Thursday, July 24, 2014

Say Goodbye to Scurvy

A funny thing happened on the way to the grocery store.  Well, to be accurate, it happened in the grocery store.  And it was more of an almost-financial-disaster that one could chuckle to later, if one was a chuckler.  I made the cardinal mistake of going to the grocery store hungry, which inevitably leads me to buying lots of things in the candy / cookie / 10 pound sack of meat range.  So I wasn't too surprised when I rolled up to the cash register and the total was a bit more than my usual $50.00*

I was, however, a bit surprised when my total came to well over $500.00.  Turns out, the cashier had rung me up for 495 limes.  Seriously.  I don't think there are even 495 limes in all of the grocery stores IN Maine, let alone available for me to purchase at one outlet, presumably to make mojitos for...Mexico.  The whole country.  Better yet, the system required the CEO of the supermarket to come do the override, as there's a limit to how much you can deduct from a bill, despite an egregious error.  The moral of the story being if you do buy 495 limes, you're pretty much stuck with them.  So, make limeade.  Which the sheer volume of could cure all pirates ever of scurvy.

*American dollars, though Maine IS dangerously close to loonies, and, no joke, twonies.  Hell, I don't know how to spell it.

3 comments:

Writing Girl said...

It is so funny;your'e correct if I bought 495 limes I would make limeade.

Writing Girl (WG)

Iftekhar Ahmed said...

Glad to read your post :). It is very informative!

harga mesin said...

oke , its good article for me :)