Sunday, July 08, 2007

LLB for the L - B - O

I came across the most delicious drink in St. Lucia, called Lemon, Lime and Bitters. You'd think this would be a Caribbean version of Sprite, but you'd be wrong. Mostly because you, like everyone else in the world, has absolutely no idea what bitters are. The real problem was, despite the abundance of the drink, it was impossible for me to ever get one, because this conversation kept taking place:

Do you have any LLB?
What?
LLB
*confused look, silence*
Ya know, Lemon Lime and Bitters
*more confused look and more silence*
Random good Samaritan: He wants an LLB
OHHH, LLB. Yea man.

After this exchange, I'd end up with an LLB, so I could never be too upset. Plus, I bought a whole bunch and snuck them through customs (haha, a little joke US government, haha), so now, I don't even have to ask for one. I can just take it out the fridge.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to sound too desperate for you to come over or anything, but I have bitters in my phat bachelorette pad!! It seems they are only made by this one company, and the ingredient list is vague to say the least. Don't matter none to me tho, you can't make a Creole Scream without it!

Welcome back, ps. Patois?

jess said...

exscrewme, what creole is pkiller making scream?

L BO said...

Linus G Larsson (http://www.webtender.com/db/contributor/783) says they're delicious. Creole screams, not creoles. Though rumor has it he loves creole pralines, creole cream cheese and the Creole pig.

Yea, uhhh...not too sound too desperate to come over, but can I borrow some bitters? I'm fiendin for some Angostura in my life.

L BO said...

I guess I should leave this note somewhere more conspicuous, but I'm not going to. It's come to my attention that some readers believed an LLB was a mixed drink. It's actually a delicious soda, that comes in can or bottle form.

HumanDynamo said...

Can I get some of that LLB?