Monday, August 08, 2011

This Dating Life: Silence is Golden

I've recently learned that sometimes, there are situations where things are best left unsaid. For example, if a lady is nice enough to spend the night after a fun night of comedy and beers, and then says: "I got SO drunk last night. Maybe I shouldn't have had that many beers."
The response should probably almost NEVER be: "I'm REALLY happy you got drunk last night," as that can cheapen the whole experience.

Another example might be asking a lady, whom you have a history with, if she wants coffee. She might reply that, from her memory of things, you make crappy coffee, since you don't really like it anyway. Probably a good idea not to say "I've been practicing," and then assure her the whole thing is really none of her business.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Correct response: "Personally, I'd like to see you about 30-35% more drunk than that. I really don't think you've even begun to scratch the surface of your full drunken potential. Also, what's with the underwear baby? Why get shy now?"