Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Let's Get a Physical, Physical...

For my first checkup in three years, I chose a female doctor at a practice recommended to me by my boss.  I wavered over this decision, as I've always felt more comfortable discussing symptoms with a male doctor.  My only real experience with female doctors had been on the internet, if you get my drift. I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, though again, if it was anything like the internet, she wouldn't be the one to say "open your mouth and say ahhh."


It was a pretty good experience, as I found myself easily talking to her and able to trust her, which is an important part of the doctor / patient relationship to me.  She offered to test for many things in my blood, including allergies and something called cholesterol, so that was all a plus.  But what sealed the deal was when she asked me to turn my head and cough.  It's MUCH better to have a female doctor touching your fun parts then a male doc.  My only complaint is I left confused at not getting a happy ending.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My last doctor was also female. She was very professional and handled my man-parts with care and courtesy. I presume there's some element of the hypocratic oath that prevented her from telling me how impressed she was, but I'm sure she was thinking it.

florida car insurance said...

Good for you. It is always important to trust your doctor. :)