Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Nerds Discover Even Smaller Something or Other

Extra, extra! Read all about it! Scientists create even smaller transistor. Most people don't know what that is. Extra, extra!

I came home the other day, and that's how Dynamo greeted me. Well, a little less like a 1930's news-hawking newsboy, but still with great enthusiasm. Apparently, transistors are used somehow in computer chips. Now, since these new transistors are no longer "leaky," in 17 years they will replace silicone chips and nano-technology will be for real. Computers and devices which utilize computer chips (such as fancy cell phones, my blender and my Kate from Lost action figure) will be shrunken down to fingertip size.

This is a scary idea. Has anyone ever seen a movie that takes place in the future where people have finger-tip sized Dells and nothing bad happens? No? That's because bad things ALWAYS happen. In 17 years, we're going to find out the only thing keeping the Terminator and those 3 freaky things from Minority Report away was large computers. You'll see. Don't let the most likelier than likely inaccuracies and blatant falsities written above lead you astray.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, the death of Silicon Valley is gonna make A View To A Kill even MORE of a classic.

And ps, Doll Kate is part robot?? That gift was so much cooler than I thought!

L BO said...

Yea, if only I had a screwdriver small enough to pry open the battery center so she could talk to me in her sexy, "I just ate a lot of mud and now I'm being filtered through a tiny crap speaker," voice.

Oh, damn. I totally forgot to post about how long it took me to actualize her. Blogs are hard to keep up, especially with a life as fun and fulfilling as mine. Gotta run...to meet you soon.

Anonymous said...

Your definition of "run" is very liberal. But it's okay, my definition of "I just dunked on your ass three times, son!" is, too, quite liberal.