Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Cutting off my nose to spite my face

As you may have heard on the streets, my mom is really anxious to buy me a winter jacket.* I'm really anxious for her not to. I feel like it's a waste of money, as I have a jacket from 2 years ago that's still in good shape. And by this, I mean it still looks and feels like a jacket, not that it's biceps are impressive. But apparently, especially when compared to my mom and sister, I'm weird for not wanting two to three jackets for every season. I've told her that I don't even need cold weather gear, because I don't even plan on leaving my apartment this winter. I may even hibernate from early January till mid-March. I realize this means I'd miss important and sacred holidays like President's day, but I'm willing to make sacrifices. Anyway, to prove my point (and not just cause I'm lazy and couldn't find anything to do) I didn't leave the apartment Saturday nor Monday, and Sunday only left to pull weeds in the backyard. Take that, mom!

*No, I'm not some little kid letting their mom buy things for me. But I'll be damned if I don't accept handouts!

No comments: