Monday, April 28, 2008

Anti-Cat Defensive Measures




The southwest, northwest and northeast entrances have been sealed off.



Plastic forks stuck into the earth to discourage the cats from walking in these areas.

A month after they were originally installed, it's been more or less proven that they're much less effective than
advertised. While I'd love to introduce a frightening animal like a tiger, monitor lizard, dragon or griffin, I'm quite unwilling to introduce that animal's droppings into my garden to deter the cats. Really, I should set up welcome mats that catapult (no pun intended) the furry feline menaces when stepped on; automated super-soakers on motion detectors; and some sort of convoluted Mouse Trap-like device that will cage them when an old man does a back-flip into a bucket of water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are priceless. Your yard is starting to look like the crazy old lady's on my parents' block! All that's missing is the decaying carousel horse.

L BO said...

6 months of absence and you come back to tell me how similar I am to a crazy old lady. Thanks Pris.
Also, it's mostly you and Brads's's fault for not getting me that sun bear yet.

Anonymous said...

:D I do what I can. Sunbear-like presents en route. Happy early birthday!