Friday, August 29, 2008

The Populist People's Elbow

Maybe it was just me or the 4 beers I consumed during the convention, but I couldn't help thinking Obama sounded a lot like The Rock when he got really passionate about something. I was actually disappointed when he didn't call McCain a candy ass and threaten to lay the smackdown on the entire Republican party. Can you smellllllllllll what Barack is cooking?*

I also couldn't help thinking Obama sounded a lot like a kid trying to win the 5th grade school presidency. "We're going to build a pool in social studies class, all the teachers lounges will be turned into kids lounges with Xbox 360s, and every Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be pizza day!" I understand his message is all about hope and everything we can do, and I do believe he can bring about change. I just felt like he was biting off more than he could chew. Zero dependence on foreign oil in 10 years? Please. He's forgetting he can't be president for more than 8, and our technology for alternate energy sources is so far behind, I've read reports that solar energy wouldn't be viable large scale till 2050.


*After spending lots of time thinking this up and writing it out, I was informed Barack already did this on WWE. That doesn't make my idea or post any less funny. Trust me.

No comments: