Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shave and a Haircut, Two Bits

I got a coupon for a free haircut and shave from a barber who's business was in the middle of a spa with stereotypically Chelsea hairdressers, and figured why not. I like to get my haircut, I like free things, and I've never had a shave before. I shave my face with a razor maybe a few times a year, the last I could remember being for Dee and Martin's wedding in December as a favor to her. This was not an experience I'm eager to have ever again. You're in a chair, with a hot towel over your face, thinking, hey this is kinda cool. Then, when your eyes are open, you see a man coming at you with a straight razor, and all I could think about was mobster scenes in mobster movies where mobsters kill/get killed men in their barber shops with straight razors. The barber had to hold my skin tight, and when shaving my mustache-area, he had his forearm on my throat. Also not cool. To top it off, it wasn't even all that good a shave.*


*Much like this isn't all that good a post. They can't all be hits.

No comments: