Sunday, May 17, 2009

An Anniversary!

To paraphrase a friend of mine, Friday, May 15th, was the 3rd Anniversary of my turning a quarter century old. Sure, it's a bit wordy, but the math is easier to follow than Foxy Brown's.

This won't be as heartfelt, moving or flattering as HD's birthday thanks, but I just wanted to thank everyone who came out to celebrate my birthday. Thanks to my family for taking me to Otto for deliciousness, and thanks to my friends who came out to Barcade, didn't panic when one restaurant was closed and Havana Outpost was so packed even Marlo Stanfield couldn't get in*, got me multiple cakes, traveled back into the city with me, played cards at a random bar since ACE was too packed, and then, when I was all ready to be an old man and pack it in at 1 AM, ragged on me till we got into ACE and then walked up to Crocodile Lounge for some better times. Three perfect sites in a row on Big Buck Hunter Safari, WHAT!!!

To everyone who feels awful because they weren't able to make it: don't worry, I still love you. And there's always time to buy me a really expensive gift.

*We were lucky not to get shot, since technically we were standing on his corner

No comments: