Sunday, May 10, 2009

Twitterdee and Twitterdum

Maybe I'm a little late to the Twitter-bashing bandwagon, if there is even one. That's because none of my friends do it, unless it's a secret little hobby of theirs, hidden from those who will certainly mock them incessantly. That all changed when someone who I had much respect for (I still have some respect man, come fix my lights!), HD's brother, told HD to check him out on Twitter. On it, he gave up to the minute details of his bathroom habits.

Sure, I have a blog, which means I think I have something important or funny to say, and am vain enough to hope people read it, yet practical enough to know that I can count my followers on two hands. However, I would never be arrogant enough to expect people to care about constant status updates. On the flip side, I don't care about my friends' minutiae, and if I did, we'd talk about it in person or on the phone. Now, celebrities Twitter and get a loyal following. There was a big story about how Ashton Kutcher had more followers than CNN. Who cares? Celebrity or not, there's not a single person on Earth I think is interesting enough to care about following their day-to-day exploits in 140 character-or-less posts, except maybe Jessica Biel in the hopes she'd announce her love of me.

Lastly, do you really have anything important to say if you're doing it in less than 140 characters? Nowadays we need our information bitesize and instantaneous, leading to more stupid stories spreading farther and faster and helping to further moronize America. I had hoped Twitter would be an annoying fad, but unfortunately, like capri pants on guys and Dane Cook, it seems here to stay. Go read a book, learn how to spell, and come up with something of substance

7 comments:

koolredd said...

I might be late to this post, but you actually kicked some sense and i'm not even mad you shitted on HD's brother.

HumanDynamo said...

I smell hypocrisy, you laughed when I voiced displeasure about my brother's choice to post about his bowel.

Jesse said...

I don't know what Twitter is, but if it's the proper forum for talking about toilet-shattering deuces, then I'll need to further investigate.

Also, since you mention Jessica Biel: http://tinyurl.com/o2k2yf

That link is for home-use only. Never in the library. Unless it's a library you know and trust.

L BO said...

I'm not saying your brother's crapping post was good. I'm saying it's funny as hell that he wanted you to read it so badly.

L BO said...

Sweet jezus jesse!!! Those are 6 of the best minutes I've ever spent in my life!!! They're everything I always imagined them to be. What was up with that guy at the end? I don't care what some writer wrote, if Jessica Biel is grabbing my junk, I'm switching to ad lib mode.

Jesse said...

Not having seen the movie (you know, besides those spliced up 6 minutes with boobies), I can only guess, but I'm thinking Ray Liotta's supposed to be her father or something. But even then, you gotta make the pitch! "Yeah, yeah, I get that he's her long lost father, but maybe MAYBE he's got amnesia, right? So he doesn't remember until AFTER she finishes the lap dance. Or OR! maybe they have sex first! Right?? THEN he remembers! Because he sees a birthmark...like...on her labia or something. Right? WE CAN MAKE THIS WORK!!"

L BO said...

Or, if desperate, he could always try to play up the perv angle. "So ya see, I'm thinking I used to molest her when she was younger, and I just want her to feel comfortable around me again. C'mon, let's give it a try."