Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Paparazzo of Pretty Predators and Plants

For my birthday, my wonderful sister got me a gift certificate to Garden World, a planet just outside of Pluto and the place I'd choose to live, should I ever have to make an exodus from Earth. A lush and green planet, Garden World is home to a bazillion different plant species, from lowly (yet classy) Vinca Minor to huge maple trees, with all manner of perennials, annuals and fruits and veggies in between. There's gardening equipment to help maintain the local population, and all manner of contraptions to lure local birds to your parties. After hours of losing myself in the splendors, I finally settled on a Clematis Etoile Violette, a Reliance grape vine and a tupperware container of ladybugs.

Upon returning to my own home planet, I released the lady bugs in a massive swarm to help me combat my growing aphid problem. After some initial hesitation to leave my hands and arms, they've spread out and laid eggs, which in turn have become larvae, which, like tiny crocodiles devour the aphids and protect my apricot tree. I tried to take pictures of these alien species, but unfortunately, the ladybugs hate paparazzi.

1 comment:

HumanDynamo said...

your blog helped me get an answer on cash cab yesterday. I knew there was a reason I put up with your spelling errors and poor punctuation.