Saturday, October 10, 2009

Gardening Awards

I'm officially the 2nd best gardener/farmer in the entire borough of Brooklyn that I've seen. I wish I could claim to be the best, but that goes to the old Asian guy who lives a couple blocks away and produces a mind boggling amount of string beans, cauliflower and melons. Also, he's like 300 years old, which it makes it even more impressive.

Turkish eggplant, growing 1 per plant. Excellent. And useful.

Peppers of some sort that will never ripen, most likely.

Blueberry bushes turn red in the fall. Perdy!!

Finally got white sweet allysum, which my uncle assures me is the easiest thing ever to grow, to bloom.

3 comments:

HumanDynamo said...

I have had some of this bounty and it is truly par. Par means really good right? I think you should grow rabbits next year. I haven't had rabbit in quite a while.

L BO said...

Yea yea yea...rabbit tree! I know there's rabbiteye blueberries, I wonder if I could get rabbitleg blueberries.

priskiller said...

Larry, Larry, quite contrary. I can't believe how your garden has grown! It's truly impressive. Do I have to wait until Goyish New Year's to see it?