Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ultimate Whiners: Heavyweights

After last week's Ultimate Fighter episode, they showed a teaser for last night's episode, with Rampage going nuts and ripping apart what looked like a prop door made out of cardboard, Matt Mitrione going nuts and yelling a lot, and Dana White going nuts and cursing about how good the fight was. I was excited, as the last few fights, while they were pretty good, barely lasted longer than my attention span when there's bears around (about 2 minutes). My excitement was confirmed when the actual fight started around 10:40, giving time for more than 1 round. My heart soon sank however, when I realized Scott Junk's tiny T-Rex arms couldn't punish Mitrione's face like I had hoped. Mitrione soon got gassed and started slapping at Scott, who for his part, couldn't do much either. Supposedly the best all around fighter on Rampage's team, Junk repeatedly failed at getting a take-down, often looking like a drunk 4 year old trying to fight Godzilla (or at least what I imagine that would look like). At some point, Junk had hold of Mitrione's foot, like a child throwing a tantrum. It was an awful, boring fight, and while both fighters connected on 95% of punches that weren't wild swings, 99% of those punches did no damage. If Kimbo had been in the fight, both Junk and Mitrione would be done dada.

No comments: