Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Viral Self Defense






About a month ago, I was required by my job to complete a security awareness training course. There were a couple of parts to the course, including Email Awareness, which involved knowing that electronic mail messages are now all the rage, and Defend Yourself Against Viruses, which I was so excited about passing that I printed up the certificate and hung it on my cubicle wall.*

All of the sections had a course to read through before taking the quiz, which of course I skipped and went straight for the tests. Who needs background information when you're a genius in your own mind? This backfired when I failed one of the categories. A 75% is passing. As long as I get 7.5 out of 10 right, I'm good. Sadly, there was no partial credit for a half-right multiple choice answer.

Rubbish! I closed and reopened one of the sections, as I decided the tests were getting too taxing and wanted a short break. That counts as a failure, and I only have 5 tries per test. Not I look like I complete dullard!

Perhaps the best part, even better than the questions, was the goofy illustrations




*Is there a more depressing sentence than this? Maybe only involving land mines.

No comments: