Monday, January 29, 2007

What was she thinking?!?!???

Polar Bear Cub Unwanted

In case you're too lazy to go to the link and read the story and see more photos of this ridiculously cute beast, here's the nutshell: Knut, the cute polar bear cub, was rejected by his mother, Beastly McBeasterson of the Berlin zoo (and not even for wanting to live an alternate lifestyle) and the bearded man gets to hand feed and play with the cub.

In other, related news, I'm moving to Berlin, to pursue my true calling: Playing with cute animals. I've tried to add that on as a job description, along with researching adorable creatures, but have so far been rejected. I have to make it to the Berlin Zoo while Knut is still feeling rejected and confused, so it'll be easier to convince him to live with me in Brooklyn.

If I can't get to Germany, I'm hoping to dupe someone into taking my apartment as trade for a bear. Getting a little desperate, so any kind of bear will do. Hey, if the white man could trade beads for Manhattan, I should be able to pull this off.

But the day hasn't been all fun and games. I had to educate my sister, as this real life conversation proves (this conversation took place via Electronic Instant Note Passing):

Sis: Awwwww I want one!!!!!!!
Me: I KNOW, me too. It's the cutest thing ever.
Sis: And then when it grows up we can make it eat people we don't like
Me: YEAAAAAAAAAA
wait
no!
Sis: lol
Me: Bears like chocolate and berries
Sis: Chocolate? Are you sure?
Me: POSITIVE! I've done hours of extensive research. Besides, I'm 3 years older, and therefore i know more.
Sis: Oh of course. Silly me.
I think this conversation should serve as evidence that, had I been able to conversate with Knut's mom, she would have kept her baby. However, her loss will be my gain. Germany, ho!


PhotoPhoto
Photos courtesy of me stealing them from Reuters

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those paws are probably the cutest things I've ever seen. Do polar bears not have elbows?

I'm in louvre.

If bears like chocolate and berries so much, whycome haven't they joined me and Jenn for scones at Alice's Tea Cup? And come to think on it, whycome haven't you?