Friday, January 05, 2007

America's Most Hated

It's not K-Fed. I mean, him and I will probably never be boys, but I'm willing to live with that.

No, last night's episode of Scrubs, in which one of the characters (Dr. Perry Cox, played by John C. McGinley) calls out Dane Cook for being an unfunny buffoon, has given me hope. Hope, and the desire to see "America's Most Hated: David Caruso" front page in tomorrow's New York Times. As I don't actually read the New York Times, or any newspaper not named Metro, someone else will have to look for me, and diligently report back to me. Since this blog lacks the technology were-withal of Time magazine to include a mirror, I will just have to settle for naming the person. You. Yes, you will need to get back to me. And for the love of all that is good, do not fail me.


*************

Yesterday night, at the West 4th street stop, I crossed paths with
John Hodgman, author, actor and hobo afficianado. He turned away, no doubt shy after he recognized me as one of his myspace friends. It took you long enough to accept me, Hodg-man. I forgive him though, as it's always a little uncomfortable meeting an internet friend for the first time, especially one who you've never actually spoken to, except through words in a book you've written.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo, fix the spelling of my name in your "places I like" list on the right. And dig it, your friend priskiller is awesome. Even if she has no idea who I am.

Anonymous said...

Some people I may or may not be related to and with whom you may or may not share a name paid over $100 to see Dane Cook live. Chew on that, why don'tcha.