Monday, December 15, 2008

Shea Seats

Oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness. OH MY GOODNESS!! My Shea Stadium seats just arrived in the mail today and I am golly gee excited!! I've been waiting for these since I was about 10 years old (about 17.5 years ago). For just 950 dollars or so, I got two orange seats from the Field Level section, nailed to plywood and weighing in at 95 lbs., delivered to me TODAY. I am giddy! There's hardware to attach wooden legs so you can sit on them (the other sections would have needed to be bolted to the floor, so good thing I chose field instead of upper deck), but I can't get the seats out of the box yet. A friend joked I don't need to go to the gym, I can just lift the seats, but actually, I need to go to the gym before I can lift the seats. What I failed to take into account when I bought 2 seats from Shea Stadium was that the 2 seats have been at Shea Stadium for 28 years. That's a lot of spilled beers, sick fans and empty peanut shells that nobody cleaned up before shipping the seats.

Later that day...

After going through a number of socket wrenches and much anguish, I finally found a wrench lying right next to the seats that removed the bolts from the plywood and found I was able to lift the seats with ease. Either my mutation of super strength finally activated, or the plywood was keeping the seats grounded.






3 comments:

HumanDynamo said...

The seats match the orange wall. Nothing else to see here...Move along.

HumanDynamo said...

I hope you didn't mess up the floors with those seats!!

L BO said...

You can hope all you want.