Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Whopper Virgin Suicides*

I've been reading a lot about those new Whopper Virgin ads from Burger King that have disgraced my TV screen and reinforced my constant praise of TiVo. Really, only two blogs, but I have seen two or three of the commercials on television. I find them mindless, pointless and a waste of my time, but not as offensive as most people or genius as some morons think they are. I'm against the complete globalization and white washing of the world's cultures through the infiltration of mass marketed big box stores and soulless chain fast food restaurants, sure. However, my beef, as it were, with the commercial lies in the blatant untruthfulness portrayed by showing people who had never had burgers or fast food taking bites of a McDonald's hamburger and a Burger King Whopper and then not running off to the bathroom with a bad case of explosive diarrhea. I demand truth in advertising!


*Get it? It's a play on words. Or a before-and-after, like from Jeopardy. Whopper Virgins, and [The] Virgin Suicides. Get it now? Ok, it wasn't that clever anyway.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I've had a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich twice in the last five years and both times I got a raging case of explosive poo-bangers. Uh...no point to add. Just like to talk about pivotal moments in my personal history of shit-taking.