Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Gideon Defoe

Everyone should go read Gideon Defoe's aptly named genius novels, "Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists" and "Pirates! In an Adventure with Ahab." They are aptly named, because Pirates have an adventure with scientists (specifically Charles Darwin of the popular, except in Kansas, theory of evolution) and with Captain Ahab in the second. Go read these brilliantly funny books now, before Gideon's second book comes out. I feel his books are what would happen if Casey, Jesse, Steve and I ever wrote a book to impress a woman. Well, it would have to be several women, because if we were each going after the same one, it would potentially cause some problems, and the book wouldn't be a harmonious collaboration. Add some Britishness to our quartet, some extra ham references and make it coherent, and you'd have a Gideon Defoe Canal Street knock-off.

Visit his website at www.GideonDefoe.com (You'll note it's linked on the side of my blog, with some trepidation, as he's way funnier than me, and I worry he'll steal one of the two loyal readers I have).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that link to Gideon's site. I'll probably never visit your blog again so this is goodbye

Anonymous said...

Gideon Defoe ate all my fire fries last night at Brother Jimmy's. At least, that's what Larry said happened to them.

L BO said...

Stop commenting anonymously. We in polite societies leave our names. Our at least some form of nickname.
It was actually a super intelligent octopus disguised as Gideon. My worst fears, realized