Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Furniture Hunting with a Turkey Gun

Dynamo and I are going to be roommates in 2-3 weeks. Maybe more, since his knee "still hurts." Waaah. We need a coffee table, and I, stupidly, passed on the ideal one about two months ago. Mainly because a coffee table, despite being glass and modern and ridiculously amazing, is rather useless without an apartment. However. this didn't stop us from buying 5 bar stools, and we don't have a bar either.

While searching on Craigs List recently for a coffee table, I came across a post titled "Black Panther glass coffee table." Wow, I thought, the Avenger in coffee table form. But wait, I also thought (this thought came later in time, yet before I looked at the picture), what if it's a coffee table promoting the militant black rights' group? Is glass
Huey P Newton really something that says: Come, sit down, eat some of our baba ganouj, but keep your damned fingerprints off me? Actually, probably. Luckily, it was a black panther, like the large deadly jungle cat, holding an oval of glass on it's back. It was deemed tacky by my coworkers. Luckily, I was able to find this rustic, yet elegant, specimen, which simultaneously says I'm cute, with incredible balance, endurance and strength, but steal my honey and I'll rip you apart with my razor sharp, dangerous claws.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picure you posted is of a cute and cuddly bear not a panther. I am pretty sure I gave you permission to get that table 2 months ago as well as tbe Black Panther one whenI thought it had to do with the party.

-Dynamo

Anonymous said...

This is AMAZING. Now, if you'd just announce your dang housewarming party already, maybe we could chip in and get it for you. Maybe.