Monday, October 20, 2008

Ikea? More Like YOU-KEA!

I decided this blog had become too much of a really professional quality movie review site and not enough of an arena for me to complain, so I'm taking it back to the old school. Friday night* I went out to the IKEA in Red Hook to look for Benno media shelves for my living room, to better organize my CDs and DVDs. I know what you're thinking: shouldn't I have had like 6 dates since I'm such a pimp? Well, I did, but I told them all, "Ladies, I need IKEA shelves. You'll have to wait for Saturday night to be happy."

Unfortunately, the story gets pretty sad for me, as I wasted 35 minutes in the IKEA store, and I knew exactly what I wanted and the general direction of where it would be. I spent 2 minutes finding out the item was discontinued, and the other 33 minutes trying to find my way out of the store, following exit signs that led to nowhere, weaving through mazes of cheap faux wood desks and finally following the smell of swedishn meatballs to the lingonberry jam fort near the exit,** only to fear for my safety once I made it to the parking lot, which was devoid of human life despite the three hundred plus cars parked there.
O yea, go see Burn After Reading.

*Right, like YOUR Friday night was much better. You're reading this, so I doubt it. No offense mom.

**Special thanks to pkilla for references and for helping me keep my sanity when I felt trapped by the Stojka and Bruuuuuneg collections closing in on me.

No comments: