Monday, March 01, 2010

Conversations with a Moron

"Hey, 2010 Census, it's your turn!" That's how my new barber greeted me. I sat down in the chair and we started talking about the Census and how he speaks "4 languages...Russian, Hebrew, Farsi, Persian, English and 3 dialects. I was in high demand. Back in 2000, when I did it, I could do in 2 hours what it took others 8 hours to do, and I got paid by the case. Is it still the same?" I let him know I worked in the office and wasn't sure. "You got a really low test score then, almost failing probably," he assured me (I scored 100, actually.)

This all eventually led to...

Me: Oh, do you live in Briarwood?

I used to
Me: Cool. My mom works at the Briarwood library.
Why, do you live in Briarwood?
Me: No I'm from Queens but my mom works at the Briarwood library
So you don't live there?
Me: No, I used to live in Fresh Meadows with my parents.
Fresh Meadows and Briarwood, they are different places.
Me: Yes. I know. I didn't say I lived there. My mom works at the library there.
They are not the same.

1 comment:

pkiller said...

I am in many kinds of love with this post.