Wednesday, February 20, 2008

End of an Era, Revisited

Human Dynamo came over Saturday for a few hours to get discouraged by the huge mess he had left behind and to not take anything he needed, except for spices and a coffee press. It had been almost a week since he moved out, yet I managed to hold back the tears and shake his hand, firmly and with no traces of being lonely.

As touched on in End of an Era, I miss Dynamo's Xbox360 more than him. I figured when he took it with him, I'd be more productive; I'd have one less distraction in my life. Dynamo predicted I was wrong, and it turns out he's right. It used to be, I'd just throw a game in and play until I realized I should have been asleep 2 or more hours ago, with the exception of Bioshock. This game is so eerie, I'd have to watch something funny on TV to soothe my nerves, otherwise I wouldn't be able to go to sleep for fear of a splicer jumping out to get me. The game is freaky, yo! In fact, the only thing that's scared me more recently is the tree octopus, which ***SPOILER ALERT*** turned out to be a hoax. I probably would have figured that out sooner had I not been rendered immobile by panic at the idea of a multiple terrain and altitude intelligent killing machine, dropping onto my head from it's high perch on a spruce, with it's suckering tentacles and poisonous sharp parrot-like beak trying to peck into my brain. Not to mention it has beady eyes. AHHHHH. I'm scaring myself writing this.

My productivity has now actually declined, as I spend more time looking for distractions. I've dug out old computer video games, been forced to buy new ones and hooked up my PS2. While it's still fun to play, I'm constantly lamenting over the less good graphics when compared to Xbox360. Due to this, I'm forced to play longer to get the same quality fix. One hour of PS2 equals 20 minutes of Xbox360. It's just simple mathematics. While I do get to sleep earlier at night, I sleep the sleep of the restless, lonely and unfulfilled. This new era, the age of More-After After Xbox360 (or M-AAX) has begun, and I'm way less than thrilled about it.

No comments: